Chief Executive Officer
Investment Management Group
As chief executive officer for MacFarlane Partners' Investment Management Group, Landon Taylor is chiefly responsible for the overall direction and growth of the firm's investment management companies. He chairs the firm's senior management committee and serves on the investment committee.
Landon is a seasoned CEO, operator and corporate strategist, with more than 30 years of experience in creating new markets, increasing earnings, and strengthening the brand reputation of both emerging growth and large, complex businesses. Landon’s unique combination of experiences also includes serving as a longstanding champion for ESG-related strategies that have a positive impact on urban communities. He has a strong background in board governance practices through his extensive service as an independent director on non-profit and corporate boards and as an executive leader.
Landon has served as president and CEO for a diverse set of businesses in the real estate, technology and financial services industries, including four ventures he led at First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), an $8 billion multi-national FORTUNE 500 real estate information services company. His senior management roles included president & CEO of First American VMS, a SaaS vendor management platform company; founding president of First American New Market Ventures; and president of the strategic markets division of First American Title Insurance Company, where he drove an increase of 32% in market share in the company’s targeted emerging market segments.
As co-founder of Legacy First Partners, Landon advised, raised capital, and built strategic partnerships for technology-driven impact companies and real estate developments, including Freedom West 2.0, a $2 billion mixed-use property redevelopment in the Fillmore district of San Francisco.
Professional Affiliations/Board Service
- Board of Directors, Base 11
- Co-Chair, The Parity Project
- Board of Directors, UC Irvine Beall Applied Innovation
- Former Director, First American Title Insurance Company
- Former Director, National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals
- Former Director, Operation HOPE
- Former Director, West Angeles Ventures
- Bachelor of Science, Management, Pepperdine University
- Completed advanced management and executive persuasion training programs at Stanford University and the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University